FOOTBALL and DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
PRO:FACE was formed in 2017 with the goal to create a football development resource for the growing population of Blackburn with Darwen players and coaches. Since then, PRO:FACE has grown to become one of the most respected football academies in the town. The growth of PRO:FACE is a direct result of the exceptional coaching staff who conduct insightful and enjoyable training sessions that are completely focused on player development. We have a clear focus…. If we want to develop a better player, we must educate and develop the person. Moral Fibre, Professionalism, Humility, Respect and a Work Ethic are important life skills that each of our coaches instil, in all our players.Our concept of developing a player evolves around educating intelligence. We strive to develop respectful, intelligent, hardworking, skilful players who have excellent decision-making skills both on and off the ball.
THE PRO:FACE 4 CORNER MODEL FOR PLAYER DEVELOPMENT
The PRO:FACE 4 corner model for player development outlines the range of influencing factors which may need to be addressed if a young player is to reach their full potential. As a club, we focus on the following areas of player development: Technical / Tactical, Physical, Social and Psychological.
- Enthusiastic, well organised and qualified coach
- Well planned session that has a technical and tactical focus
- Use of the ball throughout the session
- Coach allows players to solve problems
- Keep it simple, do not over coach
- Fitness is achieved through the ball skills
- Creative sessions that challenge players to reach their potential
- Respect the player, parent, coach, official – Fair Play
- Positive feedback from the coach creates a learning environment and enjoyment of the game.