FACE is a non-profit organisation which endeavours to promote and organise community events and activities involving the local areas of Blackburn with Darwen, Lancashire.
We are a leading movement in building a more integrated society. We work on a local level to connect people together across all ages and walks of life.
Established in 2013, FACE is a growing team which works closely with the local council, emergency services and fellow community organisations as well as schools and diverse sporting and religious bodies.
We deliver sports coaching, education and personal development programmes, providing young people and adults with opportunities to change their lives for the better.
To educate, motivate and inspire current and future generations to build better communities for all.
We aim to achieve our goal by delivering in five areas:
We strive to provide sporting opportunities for children, young people and adults and those with physical or mental disabilities. We also deliver girls only sessions and manage a Centre of Sporting Excellence.
We aim to engage some of the most hard to reach people in the community by delivering sports coaching and a range of alternative activity sessions at times when they could otherwise become engaged in anti-social behaviour and / or social isolation.
Using sport, fitness and nutrition we deliver a range of programmes to improve the health and wellbeing of local communities.
We develop partnerships with schools to create community hubs and also deliver a range of educational programmes to all, using FACE as a hook to engage people.
Charity work has always been an intrinsic element of life at FACE. FACE manage multiple development and sustainable charity projects both locally and worldwide, raising vital funds by facilitating various events throughout the year; as well as increasing awareness of our work.
Our Core Values:
Local – National
We maximise our local impact, supported by national influence, efficiencies and scale.
• We use local knowledge to work with our local communities.
• We seek opportunities to increase the number of people benefiting from our programmes.
• We work collaboratively across the organisation to support our colleagues and maximize our efficiency and effectiveness.
Challenging – Humble
We strive for continuous improvement, with understanding and respect for all those we work with.
• We develop by sharing feedback with colleagues and partners.
• We look for improvements in what we do and how we do it.
• We seek, understand and respect other people’s point of view.
• We trust in each other to make the right decisions for FACE to support our mission.
Professional – Real
We are true to ourselves, and commit to always perform at our best
• We have high standards and take pride in all we do.
• We learn from our mistakes.
• We have a warm and approachable culture.